Not sure where to stay during your 3-day trip to San Antonio for the 2016 AAPPM Fall Practice Management Symposium? Don’t worry: we’ve got you covered.
About the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
The Symposium will take place at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk; what could be more convenient then having your hotel accommodations in the same venue? Rooms have already been blocked for use and are available to symposium attendees at a special discounted rate of just $149, but only if you make your reservation by October 10, 2016. After that date, regular rates will apply and rooms may no longer be available, so don’t wait until the last minute to book! To reserve your room, please call 1-866-764-8536, or book online here.
Guest rooms at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk offer great views of the cityscape, not to mention luxurious accommodations, plenty of working space, and high speed wireless Internet access. The lobby-level 111 Bar & Grill offers a selection of contemporary regional cuisine for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and after hours, and its menu is available 24 hours a day via room service.
Other amenities at the Wyndham include a rooftop pool and whirlpool, massage and day spa, fitness center, and a fully equipped AV service department. The hotel is within easy walking distance of attractions such as the Alamo, Market Square, Pearl Brewery shopping complex, and the hundreds of shops, restaurants, and attractions lining the San Antonio River Walk. An on-site river taxi service and bus stop provide convenient transportation for those who want to explore further.
For those who miss the sign-up deadline and are unable to book a room with the Wyndham, a number of nearby hotels may be able to provide alternative accommodations. The following options are within half a mile (approximately 10-minute walk) of the symposium:
- Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio (205 E Houston Street): Historic hotel built in 1909 and renovated in 1985, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The St. Anthony Hotel (300 E Travis Street): Luxury hotel, also built in 1909 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown (125 E Houston St). Upscale all-suite hotel.
- Courtyard San Antonio Marriot (207 N Saint Mary’s Street). Mid-priced option geared toward business travelers.
- Hotel Indigo San Antonio-Riverwalk (830 N Saint Mary’s): Modern boutique hotel.
- Hotel Havana (1015 Navarro St): Boutique hotel, built in 1914 in Mediterranean Revival style.