Exciting Things Are Happening This Fall!
Preparations are in full swing for the AAPPM Fall Conference! We hope you’re getting excited, because we have a full slate of engaging and informative lectures, workshops, mastermind sessions, and sessions to help you take your practice to the next level in 2018.
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran of AAPPM conferences or have never been to our conferences before, there will be lots to learn, with focused sessions designed to meet you right where you are. Read on to learn more about what’s in store, or click the button below to register now!
Our Keynote Address
Bradley W. Bakotic, DPM, DO serves as the Chief Executive Office of BPA Holding Corporation and is a principal partner at BAKO Integrated Physician Solutions. Board-certified in anatomic pathology and clinical pathology, Dr. Bakotic is also the only podiatrist in the nation to hold specialty board certification in dermatopathology.
But the path hasn’t always been an easy one. Conference attendees will have an exclusive opportunity to hear him share his journey, from early obstacles to outstanding accomplishments and success with BAKO. In this inspiring talk, you’ll gain concrete wisdom and insight about how you can take the kinds of steps necessary to bring your own practice to the next level and beyond.
Amazing Opportunities for Professional Growth
Attendees will all come together to hear a superb, engaging lineup of practice management experts sharing best practices that offer superior results. The agenda is constructed so that no matter the size of your practice, your level of experience, or your role—partner, associate, new practitioner, office manager, or medical assistant—each day will offer targeted sessions just for you. Come with an open mind to accept new ideas and a lot of paper to capture all your top takeaways.
Some of the highlights include:
- Managers taking the CMOM-POD exam will have all morning Wednesday to review the course material, ask questions and conduct a prep session with our expert instructors, and complete their exam.
- Learn how to build a thriving pediatric practice with information on how to attract young families and focus on appropriate treatments. (Louis DeCaro, DPM)
- Discover the latest tools and innovation in assessing and managing diabetic foot and venous leg ulcers, with concrete solutions you can take back to your practice on Monday. (Jonathan Moore, DPM, MS)
- Focused mastermind mash sessions place podiatrists and staff with others in similarly sized practices (solo practitioners, small groups, and $1 million practices) and allow you to discuss and address common challenges with colleagues and moderators.
- Dedicated workshops for both new practitioners who need a boot camp on the basics of getting a practice off the ground, as well as for experienced practitioners looking to take their practice to the next level.
- A full-day track for executive managers focusing on overcoming common podiatric medical office challenges, including staffing, communication, teamwork, and employee relations.
- A full-day training for medical assistants teaching clinical and administrative skills that help improve patient happiness and compliance, increase efficiency, and reduce costly mistakes and errors.
- Guidance on how to take everything you’ve learned and implement it into your regular practice—great notes aren’t any good if you don’t know how to put them into action! (Rem Jackson)
- Free consultations (first-come, first-serve) with experts and professionals who can give you direct feedback to specific questions and problems. Check the complete agenda for contact information and to schedule your meeting.
- Our popular interactive general sessions, breakfast and learn, coding and compliance, boot camps, and more all make their return!
Location & Hotel Accommodations
Our conference accommodations will be provided by the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel. Located downtown at 165 Courtland St. NE, the hotel is just minutes away from dining, shopping, entertainment, historic and cultural institutions, and recreation options. Features include in-room wi-fi access, a 24-hour fitness center, and garden courtyard pool.
AAPPM conference attendees have until October 11, 2017 to reserve a room at a special rate of $165. After that date, room availability and pricing cannot be guaranteed. To book your accommodations, call (404) 659-6500 and mention that you are with the AAPPM.
For those looking to bring the family or extend their stay, the hotel is kid- and pet-friendly, with rollaway beds available on request and a $100 deposit ($65 refundable) for dogs of permitted breeds up to 40 lbs. If planning to take a pet, please inform the hotel when making your reservation.
With so much to do, see, learn, and bring back to your practice, you definitely don’t want to miss this opportunity! As always, we’ll be offering special discounted rates for our early birds—book your spot on or before September 20, and you can save as much as $100 per attendee. Conference attendees need not be members of the AAPPM, though those who are can save even more!
For more information, we encourage you to explore our website or give us a call today at (517) 484-1930. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you in Atlanta this fall!