The AAPPM’s 2016 Fall Practice Management Symposium is right around the corner. Now is the time to start thinking about the workshops, lectures, and roundtables you and your medical assistants and office managers would like to attend. Check out our complete schedule to see what courses and CECH credits will be offered so you can plan your weekend accordingly. That way you don’t miss the incredible information and opportunities that interest you the most:
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Morning Lecture: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- “Coding Boot Camp” (1.0 CECH) – Refresh yourself on the basics of medical coding. This lecture is to prepare for the full-day workshop on medical coding and compliance. Topics to be covered include proper E&M selection, modifier usage, correct coding initiative, and much more!
Morning Workshops: 8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- “Executive Manager Track—Part 1” – This workshop is designed to both address and help you overcome common challenges managers face on an everyday basis.
- “What You Need to Understand to Successfully Run a Small Business” (0.75 CECH) – Your practice is a business, and there are simply some things you need to know to thrive!
- “How to Make Sure Your New Associate Hits the Ground Sprinting” (special time: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM) – There’s a process for ensuring your associate doctors are both productive and happy in their roles. Learn a step-by-step approach from our experts.
Afternoon Workshops: 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- “Patient Flow = Cash Flow: Marketing to Attract the Right Patients to Your Office” – With reimbursements changing, it’s even more important to be sure you’re filling your schedule with the RIGHT patients.
- “Managing Your Sports Medicine Practice” (2.25 CECH) – Learn the intricacies of developing a sports medicine practice and how to help it thrive.
- “CMOM-POD Review Course” – For attendees who have been participating in the AAPPM CMOM-POD course, this is a great chance to review before you take your final exam.
The Full-Day Workshop: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- “Coding and Compliance Workshop: What to Expect in 2017” (2.5 CECH) – This full-day workshop covers the complexities of coding and compliance, as well as looks ahead to the transition to Merit-based reimbursement, alternative payment models, and more.
Evening Lectures: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- “Diagnostic Ultrasound” (2.0 CECH) – Whether you are new to using ultrasound, or looking for a refresher, this workshop will give you the tools you need to enhance the diagnostic capabilities in your practice. Ultra-sound units will be available for hands-on use.
- “DME Audit Prevention” (2.0 CECH) – One of the most difficult areas of compliance is DME. In fact, some of our colleagues have stopped supplying DME to their patients for the fear of denial and audits. We have you covered! Colleen Harryman from Noridian Medicare will be on hand to teach you the proper compliance and documentation. Bring your questions…you’ll get answers!
Friday, November 11, 2016
Optional Morning Lectures: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- “Kinesiotape and the Athlete” (1.0 CECH) – Learn how and why kinesiotape works in treating the athletes in your practice. In this hands-on training workshop, learn how to incorporate this treatment for your sports medicine patients.
- “Transitioning to a Cash Practice: Is It Possible?” – With the new payment models coming very soon, many practitioners are considering dropping insurance altogether. Is it realistic to transform your practice to accepting only cash? National experts will tackle these issues to help you decide if such a choice is right for you.
Morning Workshop: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- “CMOM-POD Testing” – CMOM-POD students take their final exam. Good luck!
Afternoon Workshop: 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- “Executive Manager Track—Part 2” – This workshop continues where we left off on Thursday.
The Full-Day Workshops: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- “General Session” (3.5 CECH) – Practice management experts come together to share best practices. Bring paper for notes!
- “Medical Assistants Track” – Medical assistants, this one-day, hands-on intensive training program is for you!
Evening Lectures: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- “Creating Value, Trust and Quality Through Comprehensive Evidence Based Protocols, Products, and Ancillary Services” (2.0 CECH) – Learn cutting edge approaches to comprehensiveness within the diabetic and geriatric patient populations. Compliance tools, templates and much more will be provided.
Special Evening Event: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- “Wine Tasting and Cigars Under the Stars” – This is a social event with your colleagues and the symposium speakers. While you are there, enjoy a selection of fine wines and, if you like, have a cigar. The reception is sponsored by Top Practices and BAKO Integrated Physician Solutions.
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Optional Morning Lectures: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- “Total Contact Casting” (1.0 CECH) – Are you healing 90% of your diabetic foot ulcers? In an average of 34 days? This is the power that total contact casting offers. As our reimbursement models continues to shift from pay-for-service to pay-for-performance, ensuring that you are a quality care provider becomes even more important. Prospective patients having the ability to search quality metrics adds to the importance of achieving excellent results. Come learn how to become proficient at this important skill.
- “MIPS, MACRA, and Alternative Payment Models: What You Need to Know” – It is on everyone’s mind. It is going to impact how we all practice. It is going to impact how we get reimbursed. Join us for this hour to get a better understanding on what these payment models mean to you and how to navigate your way through them.
Full-Day Programming: 8:15 AM – 5:30 PM
- “Breakfast and Learn” (8:15-9:30 AM) – Consistently an AAPPM favorite, this session will give you and your colleagues an opportunity to interact over top takeaways from the meeting so far, as well as challenges that are faced in practice. You will have takeaways and pearls that you can implement in your office immediately on Monday morning.
- “Breakfast and Learn Wrap-Up” (10-10:30 AM)
- “Interactive General Session” (10:30 AM – 3:30 PM) (1.0 CECH) – New to the AAPPM symposium, interactive panel discussions will be featured today. Join a panel of experts on topics including human resources, growing your practice, exit and retirement strategies, and, of course, the upcoming value-based payment models.
- “Roundtable Discussions” (4:00-5:30 PM) – Roundtables will be staffed with topic experts to offer ideas and guidance based on what YOU want from them. We offer different sessions focused on DME, Marketing, Compliance, Coding, and More! Rotate through the sessions or stay in one if you prefer. Choose your own adventure!
Evening Event: 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- “CMOM-POD Graduates Reception” – Come celebrate! BAKO is delighted to sponsor a reception in your honor. Congratulations on your certification!
If you’d like more details about the workshops, you can learn more in-depth information right here on our website, or consult our brochure.
We look forward to having you join us in San Antonio this November. If you haven’t already registered, do so quickly! Early Bird pricing ends September 30, 2016, and the special offer for hotel room pricing ends October 10, 2016. Don’t wait and miss this opportunity to learn strategies and information you can use immediately to help improve your practice management. If you’d like to know more, contact us. You can use the web request forms, or call (517) 484-1930 to reach us.