Welcome to the AAPPM Student
Practice Management Club!
Mission Statement: The AAPPM student clubs exist to motivate & inspire the future of podiatry through leadership education, practice management education, service and the sharing of knowledge.
The American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management (AAPPM), an affiliate and the practice management voice of the APMA, has a proud, 49 year history of providing members with the practice management education and resources they need to practice more efficiently and profitably. AAPPM has over 1,250 DPM and assistant members and is podiatry’s premier association for exceptional practice management education and resources.
Now, thanks in large measure to a grant from Les Appel, DPM and his prefab orthotic company, Powerstep (www.powersteps.org), AAPPM is partnering with the podiatric medical schools and colleges to help provide educational programming and speakers, fund and manage student Practice Management Clubs. We currently have clubs in all schools with the exception of New York — where we hope to have a club soon.
AAPPM and Powerstep are providing the AAPPM Practice Management Clubs with top practice management speakers and partial sponsorship for food and beverages for meetings, regular leadership conference calls for club presidents to share ideas and address management issues, membership literature and full access to the AAPPM Web site for student Practice Management Club members at – www.AAPPM.org
Students — Take Your First Step Towards Achieving Practice Success By Joining the AAPPM Practice Management Club at Your School!
If you are a student, joining the AAPPM Practice Management Club is the first important step towards becoming not only a knowledgeable podiatric physician, but towards building a great practice. While podiatry schools and residency programs teach students the clinical information they need to begin the practice of podiatric medicine, Practice Management Club teaches students how to be better caretakers, employers, employees, colleagues and mentors – and how to run a successful practice from a business standpoint. Members share each others’ successes, answer each others’ questions and help see each other through the challenges in school and life.
Click here to view the AAPPM Student Practice Management Club membership brochure which details the many benefits of membership including having full access to the AAPPM website — www.AAPPM.org.
Podiatric students in their 3rd & 4th year are invited to join AAPPM at no cost! Click here for more information on AAPPM and for the AAPPM membership application.
AAPPM Student Practice Management Club Membership Information
For more information about joining the AAPPM Student Practice Management Club and upcoming meetings and events at your school or college please contact the Club presidents listed below.
Arizona Podiatric Medicine Program at Midwestern University
Anthony Maiolino – email@example.com
Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
Jordon Cameron – firstname.lastname@example.org
California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt College
James Wilk – email@example.com
College of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery at Des Moines University
Lisa Grant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science
Carly Kriedberg – email@example.com
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
Dustin Hubbard – firstname.lastname@example.org
Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
Seth Eberhardt – email@example.com
“If you want to be truly successful as a podiatric physician in today’s world, and the world of tomorrow, you need to be much more than just a great clinician. You also need to be a great business person. The practice management knowledge I have learned from the AAPPM is invaluable and will not be found anywhere else in your education. The speakers are outstanding and the leaders of the organization are amazing at helping the student leaders organize superb events for student practice management education.”
Lucy Malvitz, APMSA Student Liaison to AAPPM
AAPPM Student Practice Management Club News & Resources
Student Q and A videos
- Allison DeWaters – How do you balance your professional life and being a parent?
- Ben Weaver – What are the advantages of opening your own practice vs joining an existing practice?
- Chad Schwarz – Why do I need marketing?, I thought I was a doctor, not a marketer
- Hal Ornstein – What would I do differently if I were just about to enter the practice?
- Jeff Frederick – How do you balance your personal life and professional life?
- Jennifer Pacaccio – As a new practitioner who should I become a member of the AAPPM?
- John Guiliana – How has EMR Medinotes changed the way podiatrists practice and are there any emerging new technologies?
- John Guiliana – What are the most important traits of a successful podiatrist?
- John Guiliana – What is the difference in working for a group or hospital or starting my own practice?
- Jonathan Moore – What should I be doing now?
- Marybeth Crane – How are the changes in healthcare regulations going to affect my practice?
- Marybeth Crane – How can I avoid being in debt forever?
- Rem Jackson – Who should I surround myself with and what are the things that successful people do?
Click here for the latest copy of the AAPPM Quarterly, the official newsletter of the AAPPM Practice Management Club’s, news from the various clubs and resources available to club leaders and members.
Click here for the first edition newsletter.