As a busy podiatrist, you have a lot clamoring for your attention. The medical world and the intricacies of managing a practice seems to be always changing. Sometimes practicing medicine can feel like a lonely and frustrating endeavor. The truth is, though, that you are not alone. The American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management (AAPPM) is an organization designed to help you succeed in your practice. Through membership with the AAPPM, you and your office are provided with access to resources, tools, education, and more so you are equipped and enabled to be the best doctor you can be.
What the AAPPM Does for You
The AAPPM is an organization dedicated to podiatrists and their practice management. As we state in our mission statement, we aim to positively change the lives, practices, and communities of podiatrists through leadership and practice management education. To this end, we have amassed resources, tools, and more for podiatrists to draw on for their own needs. More than that, we work to connect physicians together. We understand that it can be easy to feel alone in your situation; by bringing together peers in the field of podiatry, doctors can connect with others and build encouraging relationships.
Membership Benefits for Podiatrists
We invest so much into helping podiatrists truly succeed—but is membership really worth it for a doctor? You have so many other concerns in life demanding your attention and your time. Fortunately membership comes with a wealth of benefits all created to meet a podiatrist’s practice management needs. Here are some of the greatest benefits that come with your AAPPM membership:
- Access to Information and Tools – We have a secure resource center packed with valuable tools, forms, and documents covering a wide range of practice management topics and issues. These items have been designed and refined over time to provide you with the most effective information and resources for your practice.
- Mentorship – Sometimes it can feel like you’re trying to “fake it till you make it” when you’re a new practitioner. However, you can learn from other podiatrists who have faced similar challenges in the field before you. Our mentorship opportunities allow you to learn from others’ experiences.
- Webinars and E-mails – We have member-only monthly educational webinars and weekly e-mails that are packed with valuable tidbits and pearls of wisdom. All this is designed to help you maximize your patient care, efficiency, and profitability.
- Discounts with Corporate Partners and Sponsors – The AAPPM partners with a number of incredible companies with tools and programs designed to help podiatrists succeed. Your membership allows you to take advantage of their special offers at conferences and meetings. This means you may be able to access certain services or acquire particular OTC items for your practice at sharply discounted prices.
- Discounts for AAPPM Conferences – AAPPM DPM members have access to substantial discounted pricing to attend our 2-3 annual symposiums and conferences. Discounts are also extended to any staff attending with you as well, allowing all of you to learn more without breaking the bank to travel.
- Free Consultation at a Conference – Jay Henderson and Rem Jackson are respected figures in the podiatry field, helping physicians grow and succeed in their practices. AAPPM members have the opportunity for a special, free 30-minute consultation with one of them while at an AAPPM conference.
- Fellowship Opportunities – After four years of membership, you have the opportunity to participate in a fellowship with the AAPPM, providing you with additional recognition for your practice management knowledge from your peers.
- Opportunities to Connect with Others Like You – Membership allows you more opportunities to connect with other podiatrists who have “been there and done that.” They are experienced, and know just what you’re going through—which enables them to provide unique insight and encouragement into your own situations and challenges.
Overall, the benefits of membership are varied and extensive, but they are what you make of them. Still, members who take advantage of the resources and opportunities available to them make up to 20.5% more than their non-member peers (Source: Podiatry Management’s 30th annual podiatric economics survey).
Becoming a Member of the AAPPM
Becoming a member of the AAPPM isn’t difficult. You simply have to fill out an application and be ready to make the most of what is available to you. The thing to keep in mind is that your membership is what you make of it. To truly benefit from it, you cannot approach it as a passive thing. You have to actively engage your opportunities to make the most of your benefits and the resources that are available to you. When you do, though, the results can be incredible.
Ultimately, whether or not membership with the AAPPM is worth your time is up to you. The benefits are clear, however—AAPPM members have amazing resources and opportunities available to them. If you know you need to work on your practice management, or you simply want to take your practice to the next level, apply for membership or contact the AAPPM for more information. You can use our web request forms or call (517) 484-1930 to reach us.