The 2017 AAPPM Fall Conference is coming up faster than you think! As always, we’ve been listening to your feedback and prepared a packed lineup of workshops, lectures, and sessions filled with instruction and discussion on the most critical issues facing podiatrists, office managers, medical assistants, and support staff in 2017.
Use the agenda below to help you and your staff plan your weekend so that you can make the most of your participation at the conference!
Please note that we’ll also be offering our second-ever CMOM-Pod review course and exam for podiatry practice managers who wish to be certified. Please contact us as soon as possible if you wish to enroll.
Wednesday, November 1
Before the main conference begins on Thursday, practice managers applying for CMOM-POD certification have the opportunity to review course materials, and then will take their final certification exam. *You must be enrolled in the CMOM-POD program to attend.
8 am – 12 pm
- CMOM-POD Review Course. Our experts will help you review all the material you have been studying and answer any of your questions to prep you for testing. We will be covering office compliance, practice administration, employee relations, financial management, managed care delivery system, medical marketing, DME, insurance and billing.
2 pm – 6 pm
- CMOM-POD Certification Exam. It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for—testing for your certification! You can do it! Best of luck!
Thursday, November 2
8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- From DPM to BAKO – My Journey and the Lessons I’ve Learned. Brad Bakotic, DPM, DO serves as the Chief Executive Officer of BPA Holding Corporation and is a principal partner at BAKO Integrated Physician Solutions. Board-certified in anatomic pathology and clinical pathology, Dr. Bakotic is the only podiatrist in the nation to hold specialty board certification in dermatopathology. We will have an exclusive opportunity to hear him share his journey – from obstacles to outstanding accomplishments through to his success with BAKO. Come and be inspired to take similar steps that will take your practice to the next level and beyond!
All Day Session
9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- General Session. Attendees will all come together to hear a superb lineup of practice management experts sharing best practices that offer superior results. Come with an open mind to accept new ideas and a lot of paper to capture all your top takeaways!
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Optimizing the Patient Experience: A Team Approach. Our partner, Practice Management Institute (PMI) is bringing their premier workshop to our conference for your convenience. In this 3-hour workshop you will learn to promote patient engagement and healthy outcomes, and improve your bottom line. *There is an additional fee for this workshop. See registration form for details.
7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Practice Management of the Pediatric Patient. This workshop teaches the nuts and bolts of building a thriving pediatric practice. From attracting pediatric patients to focusing on appropriate treatments for the child, you will leave this session with an enhanced understanding of treating this important demographic. Louis DeCaro, DPM
- Taking Your Practice to the Next Level and Beyond: Protocols, Services and Exciting New Tools to Enhance Patient Outcomes. Over the course of this 2-hour workshop, learn about some of the latest innovative tools to assess and manage both diabetic foot and venous leg ulcers. Learn effective and patient-centered protocols for managing your diabetic and elderly patient populations as comprehensively as possible. Both coding and compliance tools will be provided to help your practice grow effectively and compliantly. Jonathan Moore, DPM, MS
Friday, November 3
8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Breakfast and Learn. Consistently an AAPPM favorite, these sessions will give you and your colleagues an opportunity to interact about top takeaways from the meeting so far, as well as challenges that are faced in practice. You will have takeaways and pearls that you can implement in your office immediately on Monday morning. We recommend separating your office, so all attendees can speak freely. All rooms will be covering the same questions provided by AAPPM Board.
10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Breakfast and Learn Wrap Up. All attendees will join in our general session and review the comments and concerns of the individual breakout rooms and the solutions provided.
Full Day Tracks
10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Executive Manager Track
The Executive Managers track will address and overcome the common challenges you face on an everyday basis including staffing, communication, teamwork, and employee relations! Whether you’re newly appointed to the position or established within your practice, attend this revitalizing track to enhance your leadership skills!
- Medical Assistant Track
This intensive one-day education and training program teaches your medical assistants essential clinical and administrative skills to increase patient satisfaction and compliance, improve office flow and efficiency, and decrease costly and time consuming errors. A panel of practice management leaders will teach attendees through hands on training and interaction how to perform to a new level of competence and proficiency.
10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Interactive General Session. Our panel discussions have become very popular and will be featured today, with three 1-hour sessions. Join our experts on topics including hot topics in coding, employee management, and more on MIPS, MARCRA and alternate payment models.
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Putting What You’ve Learned into Action! By now we’re at the midpoint of the conference and your head is probably exploding with information overload! We’re going to take some time to regroup and discuss how to process this information and allow you to implement it. After all, taking notes isn’t going to help you unless you put them into action! Rem Jackson
3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mastermind Mash Sessions. How many times have you hear, or said yourself, “You can learn just as much if not more from networking!” We happen to agree with you. Join your colleagues as each specialty group will address challenges that they face in practice and will receive suggestions and advice from the moderator and all attendees. Be sure to bring your most pressing concerns. Groups will be broken into solo and dual practitioners, small groups (3-6 physicians), and $1 million practices.
Special Evening Event
- Wine Tasting and Networking. Join us for relaxing evening at BAKO Pathology headquarters!
Saturday, November 4
7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Coding 101. Prepare for our full-day Coding and Compliance Workshop by refreshing the basics of coding. Topics to be covered include proper E&M selection, modifier usage, correct coding initiative, and much more. Gisele Saenger, BA, MISM, PM and Mary-Ellen Schimmoller
- Office Based Surgery: The Profit Center of The Future. CMS and private insurance companies are using data to encourage, and pay better for, procedures done in the office. Learn the costs involved in setting up an OR suite in your office and maximize your reimbursement. Sev Hrywnak, DPM
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Advanced Topics in Practice Management. You asked for it and we listened! Join us for a workshop dedicated to experienced practitioners. Topics will include effective management of your team, keeping your patients in the office, preventing physician burnout, and more!
- Practice Management for The New Practitioner. Here’s the stuff you didn’t learn in school or residency! Join our panel of experts for a “boot camp” focused on topics pertinent to the new practitioner. Topics will include contracts, coding basics, durable medical equipment (DME), ancillary services, regulatory requirements, marketing, and more!
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Coding and Compliance What to Expect in 2018. A new year brings new challenges in coding and compliance. It is essential that you and your practice continue keep up. Everything you need to succeed in 2018 will be covered in these sessions. Don’t lose valuable revenue to government penalties or lack of participation in programs like MIPS! Be on top of the changes to let you thrive in the new year!
1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Attracting the RIGHT Patients to Your Practice. It’s a fact: marketing is necessary to the health of your practice. Marketing is what will attract new patients to your office. Marketing is what will keep patients in your practice. Marketing is what encourages referrals from other doctors and your current patients. Marketing cannot be ignored! This workshop will demonstrate effective marketing ideas, including online and offline strategies. Be ready for tons of great ideas!
- Human Resources 101. This workshop will take you through the ins and outs of a good HR plan for your private practice. Topics include employee benefits packages, proper hiring and firing techniques, how to have an effective commendation and discipline program (and documentation) within your practice, employee wage law (including hourly employees, overtime, vacation time vs. sick time, etc), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and how it applies to you, and how to deal with the employee complaints.
Take advantage of a complimentary consultation with one of our experts! Please contact the consultants directly to schedule your appointment during the conference.
ADVANCED CAPITAL ADVISORY GROUP, LLC
Paul Wilson, CRPC
7672 Montgomery Rd #240
Cincinnati OH 45236
What we provide: corporate structure for building a business, not just a practice; personal and corporate asset protection strategies; getting the most from your qualified and non-qualified retirement plans; what to do next when you’ve already “done everything.”
BUTACCI, LEARDI & WERNER, LLC
John W. Leardi, Esq.
103 Carnegie Center, Suite 323
Princeton, NJ 08540
A progressive, multi-service law firm that caters exclusively to health care providers and related business. The firm’s practice focuses on reimbursement litigation, fraud and abuse defense, regulatory compliance, corporate transactions, and risk management.
COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE SOLUTIONS
John Guiliana, DPM, MS
28819 Franklin Road
Southfield, MI 48034
A full-scale podiatric consulting company that helps podiatrists understand and optimize their practice.
INDEPENDENT NETWORKING GROUP
317 West 7th Street
Auburn, IN 46706
For over 20 years, Mary-Ellen Schimmoller and Independent Networking Group (ING) have been helping doctors just like you learn how to better manage the business side of their practices. Mary-Ellen provides revenue cycle management services and practice management consulting so you can spend more time focusing on helping patients, instead of worrying about business concerns. Contact ING today for more information.
PARADOCS MEDICAL REVENUE CENTER, INC.
Gisele Saenger, BA, MISM, PM
737 126th Street
College Point, NY 11356
ParaDocs Medical Revenue Center Inc. provides medical billing and practice management services specialized in podiatry. ParaDocs was established with the mission of assisting its clients in complying with the complexity of billing requirements associated with the submission of insurance claims, patient billing, and practice management, with the goal of creating a long-term partnership leading to the continued growth and success of its clients.
PRACTICAL PRACTICE MANAGEMENT
Tina Del Buono, PMAC
990 Sonoma Ave #8
Santa Rosa, CA 94505
Knowing what you envision your practice to be and getting it there can be challenging. With GPS – Global Practice Systems creating the road map to get your practice from where it is now to where you want it to be can be done in small, practical, achievable steps. Specializing in complete practice efficiencies, team building, staffing issues, physician/staff communications, manager mentoring, AR, /collection forensics, and practice building protocols. Maximizing your practice to fulfill your vision is doable. If you would like to schedule a free consultation, go to www.gotoppm.com and fill out the pre-consultation survey to schedule a time to review your practice needs.
PROVIDER RESOURCES, LLC
Mike Crosby, MBA
518 Shenandoah Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027
Provider Resources, LLC is a healthcare services firm focused on provider based solutions. More than 20 years of working with physicians, practices, and hospitals to meet the challenges of today’s changing environment. Leading services include: remote practice management, strategic analysis and consultation, practice valuation, associate buy-ins and buy-sell transactions.
6817 Falls of Neuse Rd #103
Raleigh, NC 27615
Discuss people performance strategies including how to get through to your most difficult employee. Jay is a people performance expert who teaches podiatrists how to know exactly who to hire, how to get the best out of staff, how to give feedback, hold them accountable, coach them to high performance and deal with difficult staff all in a way that is non-confrontational, super simple, and that your employees will appreciate.
Mike Brody, DPM
PO Box 674
Southold, NY 11971
TLD Systems is a team of specialists in the world of Medicine, Law and Technology who have come together with the intention of making HIPAA compliance affordable for the sole or small practitioner.
12237 Lost Treasure Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89138
Marketing a podiatry practice can be a difficult and frustrating undertaking. Top Practices removes the uncertainty in marketing for podiatrists. Since 2007, Top Practices has been guiding its members and enabling them to grow and manage their practices using the unique Top Practices marketing and management programs and extensive services. Rem is the author of “Why Most Podiatry Marketing Doesn’t Work,” which can be downloaded at www.TopPractices.com at no cost. Find out more at www.TopPractices.com.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all this fall in Atlanta! If you haven’t already registered, you have until September 20, 2017 to take advantage of our early bird discounts, and until October 11, 2017 to secure a guaranteed room at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel (the conference site) for a discounted rate of $165.
For more information, please contact the AAPPM today by completing a contact form or giving us a call directly at (517) 484-1930.