Cardiovascular and lymphatic system diseases and disorders represent critical threats to the lower extremities—not to mention overall health. Yet these same conditions are frequently overlooked or underestimated by patients and practitioners alike. Are you letting these patients fall through the cracks? If so, you’re missing an important opportunity to improve long-term patient outcomes—not to mention filling your own waiting rooms with people who need your help!
Fortunately, Lymphedema, Swelling, Edema, CVI: The Overlooked Patient is a workshop made for you. This engaging and informative program is exclusively available to attendees at the 2017 AAPPM Fall Conference in Atlanta, and is approved for 4.75 CECH for those who participate!During the 5-hour session, attendees will:
- Review the difference between peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) with a vascular specialist.
- Receive hands-on training and review for sizing and fitting of over-the-counter compression garments, shoe options for patients who swell, and other inventory options.
- Learn how to properly code these treatment options.
- Learn about lymphedema therapy, long and short stretch compression, and other therapy options
- Review Unna boot wraps and multilayer compression wraps.
You can take much of what you learn in this course and apply it to your practice right away, so stop leaving these patients behind! Grow your practice and get your patients the help they need.
Of course, this is just one afternoon within an action-packed conference agenda. There’s a whole lot more to learn! If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time to take advantage of our early bird rates—but not if you don’t act by September 20! You can register online for maximum convenience, so don’t let this sit on the backburner any longer.
We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!